- About Recyclicious
- Recyclicious headbands are handcrafted by Christine Ladd Huffman using reclaimed, vintage designer scarves from the 1930's-1990's.
The scarves are attached to a discreet band which sits on your head and ties under your hair for a finished look.
Featured vintage scarves made into Recyclicious headbands include Chanel, Hermes, Vera, Diane Von Furstenberg, Oscar De la Renta, Christian Dior, Yves St. Laurent, Norell and many more!
Recyclicious headbands make use of recycled materials which saves energy, reduces carbon-dioxide emissions and keeps waste out of landfills.
Any use of recycled materials is generally a positive, because recycled material requires less energy to process than natural fibers!
- About the Designer
Recyclicious was founded in 2006 by Christine Ladd Huffman. She worked in the apparel and home furnishings industries in Manhattan for 10 years. After moving to Los Angeles in 2005, Christine decided it was time to explore her creative side and start a business on her own. Painting and photography had always been hobbies of hers. She began showcasing her artwork at a few local art galleries and then briefly tried her hand at making and selling, of all things, organic doggie biscuits.
One summer day, Christine decided to try making herself a headband using one of her vintage scarves. She was a big collector of vintage scarves and loved wearing them in her hair. The only problem was that the scarves would always slide off her hair, even when attached with bobby pins. So it seemed that making one into a headband was the answer and as far she knew headbands made with vintage scarves didn’t exist. She loved it so much that she thought that perhaps other women would find the idea just as fabulous. Since the doggie biscuit business was going nowhere, she decided to make a few headbands and sell them at a local boutique that also sold her paintings and photography. Needless to say, the headbands sold out the day she put them in the store!!
Today, Christine is poised to expand her business beyond her legions of loyal customers in the Los Angeles area. She is married and the proud mother of a 1 year old son.
Inspired by the use of gorgeous reclaimed, vintage designer scarves, Christine creates headbands that are functional, comfortable and fashionable.
- Is each Recyclicious a one-of-a-kind?
- For the most part yes. Only vintage scarves are used to handcraft each headband. Depending on the size of the scarf, I can potentially make a few headbands from one scarf. Because of the placement of the patterns, each headband is unique in it's own way. Once that particular scarf has been used to make a Recyclicious headband(s), that's it. There are no reproductions. That's what makes them so special.
- If I am in Los Angeles, can I visit your showroom and purchase from you directly? Yes! In addition to the retailers listed, you can also make an appointment to see my very latest collection which is constantly being updated. I usually have over 100+ pieces stocked. So, please feel free to contact me to take a peek.
- If you are interested in becoming Recyclicious stocklist please contact us listed on the home page below. Please include some information about your shop (size, location etc) and an idea of what you may like to order. Wholesale information will then be emailed to you along with a price list.
- What are your shipping policies?
- I ship USPS first class with delivery confirmation. free shipping anywhere in the US. I will happily ship overseas for an additional cost of $3.00 (USD).
I am not responsible for items that are lost in the mail unless they are insured. Insurance rates start at just around $2.00. Just contact me in advance if you want insurance.
I am usually able to ship an item out in 3-5 days most times within 2 days. If you need an item for a certain date I will do my best to accommodate you.I also ship international! Unfortunately, sometimes international shipping can be very unpredictable. Sometimes items arrive very quickly and sometimes they take a few weeks. Please keep this in mind when ordering. International and Canada USPS first class mail usually arrives in 5-10 days
Within the United States USPS first class mail usually arrives in 3-5 days
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or regular account payments all through PayPal.
- How secure is this store?
This store uses PayPal for payments, and PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).
- Do I need a PayPal account to purchase from this store?
No, you are not required to have a PayPal account to purchase from this store. Although if you already have a PayPal account you may use it.